Bayern keen on Gladbach’s Denis Zakaria as Man United interest cools
The January 2022 transfer window is open (find out when it closes here), and there’s plenty of gossip swirling about who’s moving where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, whereabouts and, of course, deals!
TOP STORY: Bayern back down for Zakaria
Bayern Munich should capitalize on the contract situation of Denis Zakaria, with reports that the club’s sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic has been following him for several years.
That’s according to Sky Germany, who report the Bundesliga champions are well in the hunt for Zakaria, who has been heavily linked with an exit from Borussia Mönchengladbach since entering his final year of contract.
The 25-year-old has also been shortlisted by Manchester United, but with the latest reports suggesting interest from Old Trafford has cooled Bayern are set to join the front of the queue, the club being particularly interested in Zakaria’s ability to play. in midfield as well as as part of a back three.
And with that seems more likely than Corentin Tolisso will leave the Allianz Arena this summer, the Swiss international is seen as an ideal replacement on a free transfer.
– ESPN+ Viewers Guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– Paris Saint-Germain have made an offer for Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Tanguy Ndombele, reports the Telegraph. PSG’s interest in the 25-year-old is part of a potential player swap deal which includes the midfielder Leandro Paredes be sent the other way. Paredes has made just six starts for the Ligue 1 club this season.
– Several approaches have been refused for Malang Sarr, according to Ekrem Konour. Chelsea have rejected offers from AS Roma and Leicester City for the 22-year-old defender who has made just eight appearances so far this season. But other offers could soon arise for Sarr, who is also on the shortlist of Everton, Newcastle United and West Ham United.
– MLS Soccer.comTom Bogert writes that Leeds United have sent representatives to Austria as they prepare another approach for FC Salzburg and the United midfielder Brenden Aaronson. The Premier League club are keen to complete a deal in the current window but there is resistance from Salzburg who want to keep him until the summer – recently rejecting a $20million offer.
– Nicolas Schira reveals that Sardar Azmoun was offered to AC Milan, with Zenit St Petersburg seeking a fee for him before his contract expires at the end of the season. The 27-year-old striker has remained in impressive form this season, scoring 10 times in 15 starts. And despite talk of negotiations between the Russian club and Lyon, Azmoun may now have other options as his club begin to test the waters in Europe’s top leagues.
– Sevilla turned to the Lyon striker Moussa Dembele, according to Marca. The LaLiga club have been searching for a market leader throughout January, and with little progress made in a deal for Manchester United Antoine Martial, they are now considering the option of a loan deal for Dembele. The 25-year-old striker has scored five times this season in 15 appearances.
– Hugo Lloris has signed a new two-year contract with Tottenham Hotspur, as revealed FA Intermediate Paul O’Keefe. The news was also reported by fabrice romano, who added that Antonio Conte was keen to keep the starting keeper whose contract entered its final six months in January. The 35-year-old is now expected to stay in North London until the summer of 2024.